All around Bygholm Camping there is fantastic nature. You can see the fjord from the camp site and experience its changeable colors, depending on the weather. Arne’s lake which is locally called the blue lagoon is located approx. 2 km from the site.
Bygholm Camping is located right next to “Vejlerne” Nature Reserve, which is Northern Europe’s largest bird sanctuary.
Vejlerne include approx. 6000 ha. (60 km2) and is owned by Aage V. Jensen’s Foundations. It is possible to experience birds such as light-bellied barnacle geese, dwarf gulls and spoonbills. The largest breeding population of grey geese is located here, and in the autumn “Vejlerne” Bird Sanctuary is the country’s largest overnight place for e.g. cranes.
There are many viewpoints and bird towers where you can get a fantastic insight into the magnificent nature on “Vejlerne”. It is also possible to visit “Vejlernes Naturcenter”, which is located on main road 11, where there is an information center and binoculars.
In addition, there are many beautiful places near Bygholm Camping, here I mention just a few of them.
See also Thy360.dk
- Johan Skjoldborg’s house, located in Skippergade.
- Præstegårdshaven in Øsløs, entrance via. Skipperkrogen.
- Øsløs church, a beautiful church, with a unique view of the fjord.
- A beach walk from Kåglanding, to Søndergård beach.
- Walks in the woods, by lakes and on to Vejlerne.
- Vejlernes Naturfriskole – The playground can be used outside school hours.
- There are several nature and forest playgrounds in Thy
- Hundeskove – one in Østerild
Also find inspiration for trips via the link below:
Guided tours in Jutland